C is a general – purpose,procedural,imperative computer programming language developed in 1972 by Dennis M.Ritchie at the Bell Telephone Laboratories to develop the UNIX operating system.
It is used for wide range of applications from Operating systems like Windows and iOS to software that is used for creating 3D movies. Now a days c become widely used programming language due to following reasons:
• Easy to learn
• Structured language
• It produces efficient programs
• It can handle low level activities
• It can be compiled on variety of computer platforms.
Facts about c
1. C was invented to write an operating system called UNIX.
2. C is a successor of B language which was introduced around 1970.
3. The language was formalized in 1988 by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
4. The UNIX OS was totally written in C by 1973.
5. Today C is the most widely used and popular System Programming Language.
6. Most of the state-of-the-art software have been implemented using C.
7. Today’s most popular Linux OS and RBDMS MySQL have been written in C.
C was initially used for system development work, in particular the programs that make-up the operating system. C was adopted as a system development language because it produces code that runs nearly as fast as code written in assembly language. Some examples of the use of C might be
o Operating Systems
o Language Compilers
o Text Editors
o Print Spoolers
o Network Drivers
o Modern Programs
o Language Interpreters
Send us your requirements to get a quote.